Pages

Monday, November 8, 2010

Boxes, boxes, boxes!

So, after having our house on the market for over a year, it has finally sold!!!!  I am shocked at the mixed emotions that the hubby and I are feeling right now.  We both have lots of complaints about our current home: too small, no closets, unfinished basement, one bathroom, etc.  But we also love our cozy country farmette.  In our minds, we know we need a larger home to accomodate our growing family.  In our hearts, we're going to miss our first home, the house we moved into all by ourselves, brought our baby home to, and the place we spent the first six years of our married life.  But, as I struggle to put away toys in closets that don't exist and wait my turn for the bathroom, my mind takes over and I begin dreaming of bigger and better things.

Things I have learned I cannot live without:

1. A closet just inside the door for coats and shoes:  apparently, some people have visible kitchen chairs, ones without coats draped over them!

2. A separate entrance for the dogs, possibly with their own tub to rinse before entering the main house.

3. Multiple bathrooms, I honestly don't believe God intended for man to share a bathroom with his spouse.

Oh, an if moving into a new house isn't stressful enough, my baby is turning 1 on Saturday!  One one hand, it seems like just yesterday we brought him home from the hospital.  On the other hand, it feels like he's been a part of our lives forever!  From eating, sleeping, pooping to crawling, toddling, smiling and laughing--it's hard to believe how much joy one person can bring into your life!

No comments:

Post a Comment