Pages

Friday, October 8, 2010

Fall

Remember the scene from "Arachnophobia" when the spiders are coming in through all of the doors and windows?  Well, that's what is happening in my house right now, except that, instead of poisonous spiders, we have box elder bugs.  I spent all day Wednesday vacuuming the little buggers up.  Yesterday, I realized my efforts were futile and gave up.  I think I'll just give them the house. 

Oh, and, if my husband comes up dead and I am in prison, someone please come to my house and take a photo of the 17 water glasses on his nightstand.  That is all. 

For the Staudinger family, we are looking forward to a beautiful weekend!  Badger football game tomorrow and a little time on the lake on Sunday.

5 comments:

  1. I live with spiders...I just accept it now. As long as they leave me alone, I leave them alone!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by!! Thanks for the kind words and for following along with me. I hate bugs to! But they are just a part of my life. I have pretty much accepted that they live in my home and no matter what, I have no control over it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are your box elder bugs like lady bugs only they stink and bite? We call them....well.... let's just say my dear Uncle Dick called them *itch bugs because ladies wouldn't stink or bite. ;-) The story down here is that PU developed this lovely beetle that would eat aphids to protect roses, and then the horror film began! They are swarming down here this week ;-P Stop by the farm for a chat. We can finally take a little break now that we finished with harvest this week, or at least I can!

    http://walkingtheoff-beatenpath.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. We have the asian beetles as well, they were introduced to eat the soybean aphids so they attack our house when the soybeans are harvested. These are bigger beetles that, I assume, storm the house when the box elder trees drop their leaves!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am invaded with those box bugs too. Hundreds on my mailbox of all places. I was trying to kill them, but they just kept multiplying!!!

    ReplyDelete